The California Supreme Court is denying a petition that would have stopped criminal prosecution against the undercover journalist who released controversial videos on the abortion industry.
David Daleiden, the pro-life activist and journalist, filed a Petition for Review on April 25, asking the California Supreme Court to overturn a previous ruling from the Superior Court of San Francisco County.
This week, the California Supreme Court refused to hear the petition.
“This decision to deny David Daleiden’s Petition for Review means that Xavier Becerra , as Planned Parenthood’s prosecutor-in-chief, will be able to continue his unconstitutional harassment of David, bringing charges against him that don’t pass the red face test,’” said Peter Breen, vice president and senior counsel at the Thomas More Society and part of Daleiden’s legal team.
Breen was referring to Xavier Becerra, the California attorney general who is pushing 15 counts of criminal felony for the videos.
“The right to privacy is a cornerstone of California’s Constitution, and a right that is foundational in a free democratic society,” Becerra said. “We will not tolerate the criminal recording of confidential conversations.”
In 2015, Daleiden’s pro-life group, the Center for Medical Progress, released undercover videos that showed abortion providers reportedly taking part and discussing the illegal sale of aborted baby parts.
Daleiden and pro-life activist Sandra Merritt were originally both charged with 15 felonies for the videos. The charges said the activists had violated California’s privacy laws. The videos were shot in public places, such as conferences and restaurants.
“The public knows the real criminals are Planned Parenthood and their business partners like StemExpress and DV Biologics — currently being prosecuted in California — who have harvested and sold aborted baby body parts for profit for years in direct violation of state and federal law,”said Daleiden in 2017. Christian Headline News
The following is from Pro Life Across America
- 18 days from conception, heart begins to beat, with the baby’s own blood.
- 28 days from conception a baby has eyes, ears, and even a tongue!
- 28 days from conception: Muscles are developing along the future spine. Arms and legs are budding.
- 30 days: Child has grown 10,000 times to 6-7mm (1/4”) long. Brain has human proportions. Blood flows in veins.
- 42 days: Skeleton is formed. Brain coordinates movement of muscles and organs. Reflex responses have begun.
- 42 days: Brain waves can be detected, the jaw forms, including teeth and taste buds. The unborn baby begins to swallow amniotic fluid. Fingers and toes are developing.
- 45 days from conception: The unborn baby is making body movements, a full 12 weeks before the mother may notice such stirrings. By seven weeks the chest and abdomen are fully formed. Swimming with a natural swimmer’s stroke in the amniotic fluid, the baby now looks like a miniature human infant.
- 44-45 days: Buds of milk teeth appear, and the unborn baby’s facial muscles develop. Eyelids begin to form, protecting the developing eyes. Elbows take shape. Internal organs are present, but immature. 99% of muscles are present, each with its own nerve supply.
- 52 Days: Spontaneous movement begins. The unborn baby then develops a whole collection of moves over the next 4 weeks including hiccuping, frowning, squinting, furrowing the brow, pursing the lips, moving individual arms and legs, head turning, touching his/her face, breathing (without air), stretching, opening the mouth, yawning and sucking.